Young 5, a Transitional Kindergarten
Our Young 5 program is tailored especially for the needs of young five-year olds. To enroll in our Young 5 program, your child must be turning five years old by December 31st.
Our exciting and creative curriculum is child-directed, hands-on, developmentally challenging, and fun.
A maximum class size of 15, and experienced teacher and a minimum adult-to-child ratio of one-to-five provides individualized attention, a safe environment, and many opportunities for creative expression.
- Features cooperative learning
- Encourages creative expression through art and music
- Offers science with experiments, cooking and nature study
- Provides reading and math readiness
- Emphasizes problem solving and critical thinking
- Includes field trips
- Monday through Friday, 9 am – 1 pm
- Children bring their own lunch
- Some non-teaching slots available
- Extended hours available, from 7:30 am to 6 pm
- The Young 5 calendar follows that of the San Francisco Unified School District
- Separate summer program available
- Scholarships available