Five Reasons You Should Consider a Cooperative Nursery School For Your Child
Cooperative Nursery Schools:
- Build a community for your family that extends beyond after-school hours and vacations and into your child’s school years. Co-op nursery school bonds last a lifetime.
- Provide continuity and reassurance to child and parent as you make this early step together out of the home and into the world. Parental involvement in the school makes the experience easier and the environment more nurturing for all the children in the school.
- Expand your awareness of children’s varying temperaments, behavior and needs. You will learn (or be reminded of) valuable lessons about childhood by interacting with other people’s children as well as your own. Your child will benefit from observing you interact with other children and from their own interaction with numerous caring adults in a safe and stimulating atmosphere. All schools also provide frequent parental-education activities.
- Act as a stress valve and support group to stay-at-home and working parents, single parents, parents of children with special needs, parents with special needs and families in crisis, all of whom will experience feelings of isolation or desperation (or lack of perspective and humor) at some point during their children’s preschool years
- Are low cost. Because parents are responsible for most of the work required to operate co-ops, they cost a fraction of what other preschools do. Scholarships are also available.