Playmates Co-operative Preschool is currently hiring for the following position:
TITLE: Administrative Director
OUR ORGANIZATION: Playmates Cooperative Nursery School, “A Place Where Kids Can be Kids,” is a parent participatory preschool that has been serving San Francisco families for more than 65 years. A parent participation, or cooperative, nursery school is a non-profit, non-sectarian, democratic organization where each family shares in the planning and operation of the school. We focus on the active involvement of parents in our program, both through our elected parent Board of Directors and parent classroom participation. We offer a fun, safe, well-rounded program that supports social, emotional, sensory, and physical development for children ages 2 ½ – 6 years of age. Our exciting and creative curriculum is play-based and child-directed, hands-on, developmentally challenging, and fun.
THE POSITION: The Administrative Director’s primary responsibilities include office management, bookkeeping and administrative support, directly reporting to the Executive Director.
- Answer phones; open, log and distribute mail. Respond to email inquiries regarding membership or forward emails to appropriate staff person/parent member. Maintain organization of the Playmates office, filing systems, student forms, and parent files. Work with Executive Director and Teaching Staff to maintain facilities and office supplies. Work with IT Support/parent member to maintain website, phone systems and school email accounts.
- Track late and tardy members and ensure all members are aware of extra workdays or fines. Work closely with record keeper and ensure co-op members are billed for missed hours.
- Manage invoicing and Accounts Receivables including all membership fees, tuition and fines. Post checks. Support the Treasurer, as needed in producing financial reports for review by the Executive Director, Board and Membership to monitor the current financial status of the organization.
- Process Payroll. Track PTO, Sick Time, Retirement. Provide Human Resource support to staff.
- Work with Membership Chair: processing enrollment, student schedule changes and billing; maintain Playmates forms and Handbooks, Returning/New student paperwork, Summer School applications, phone rosters. Make sure all licensing records & forms are completed and up to date for each child enrolled. Review and maintain all necessary health forms for each child enrolled.
- Stay up to date with all health and safety compliance issues, including review and maintenance of all required immunization and health forms from staff/teachers, parents, and children.
- Provide general administrative support to Executive Director and Board.
- Work with Executive Director maintaining insurance policies,non-profit registration, and annual tax returns filings, reporting all necessary changes and updated information to the Executive Director and Board. Maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements, including posting all licenses, permits, notices and labor law posters as required by federal, state and local jurisdictions.
- Work with the Executive Director and school Board to ensure a safe and healthy environment is maintained for all school programs. Work with housekeeping to maintain and oversee third-party Janitorial services. Plan, execute and evaluate fire/earthquake/evacuation drills and update/evaluate and execute emergency preparedness plan.
- 2 Years related Office Experience
- Ability to work with and around young children an absolute must. Able to work with children and adults from diverse backgrounds. Experience in a preschool or co-op school setting a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work cooperatively and collaboratively in a lively and ever-changing setting.
- Highly organized and enjoys projects that require a great deal of attention to detail; self-motivated and able to manage time efficiently and
- Highly proficient in PC computers, email, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Internet/Web Savvy. Experience with WordPress and QuickBooks a plus.
- Site Supervisor License a huge plus.
- Qualified candidates will be required to provide references and pass a background check before an offer will be extended.
- 30-32 hours per week, plus 3 Tuesday evening meetings per month (Board, Parent and Business Meetings) and at least 2 Staff meetings). Additional hours may be necessary, although an average 30 hours per week can be managed through a flexible schedule as needed.
- All school special events, such as annual fundraising events and all-school field trips.
$30-35 annual salary DOE. Benefits include PTO, bonuses, and retirement plan.
Email Required Application Documents to: email@example.com
Click to download a PDF of the Job Description – AD Solicitation (June 6, 2017)