At the heart of the co-op is the child who benefits from supportive ties between home and preschool.
Playmates Cooperative Nursery School is a safe, nurturing, diverse community of families and staff. We offer excellent play-based, child-centered programs.
Children with special needs are welcome.
Children at Playmates
- Build trust and confidence in a warm, nurturing environment.
- Learn the joy of friendship with other children and adults in a setting that encourages cooperation and problem solving.
- Gain high self-esteem and develop independence through successful age-appropriate “hands-on” learning experiences.
- Develop a positive attitude towards learning and a love of school.
Parents at Playmates
- Strengthen parenting skills through parent education classes.
- Gain confidence through weekly observation and participation in the nursery school program.
- Develop mutual support and friendship within the Playmates community.
- Increase the pleasure of parenting.
- AM nursery school, which runs from 9 am – 12 pm (choice of 3, 4 or 5 days/week)
- PM nursery school, which runs from 1 pm – 4 pm (choice of 3, 4 or 5 days/week)
- Transitional Kindergarten, which we call “Young 5″ and runs from 9 am – 1 pm (5 days/week)